I try to spend most of my time in the present state (which I might add, is ridiculously hard for me given my wild imagination) but given that it’s the end of 2012, it seems fitting that this inaugural post be about reflection. In fact, life seems so fast paced that I don’t mind taking some time to look back over the past year! I could come up with a laundry list but I’ve narrowed it down to three BIG and three little things I’ve appreciated:
3 BIG things:
- My son officially became a teenager. On one hand I am amazed with the person he’s becoming and on the other hand I’m thinking “He’s a teenager-panic!!”
- Defending my Master’s project. I can only count a handful of times I’ve ever been that focused…and I highly recommend eating in advance of something big you are about to do, it would probably help.
- Europe. It was so exciting to experience amazing culture, food, travel, art with my husband and son. Seeing Michelangelo’s ‘David’ with a teenager hanging over your shoulder saying ‘nice nut sack’ brings a tear to my eye.
3 little things:
- David’s Tea. A friend introduced me to this Canadian tea company and I’m pretty sure I should own some shares in it. Seriously.
- 12-15 minute fitness routines. I may procrastinate but I still haven’t managed to come up with an excuse to entirely skip out on these. Move your body for at least 12 minutes a day, you will notice the difference.
- Connections. I love the experience of reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones. I can’t count how many times I met one or a group of friends over the phone or for coffee, dinner, cocktails…it is always the best feeling to be in good company!
So now that I’ve shared, what are your favourite memories from this past year? Being the snoop I am, I would love to know!